Early Treatment Los Angeles
Dr. Atoosa Nikaeen specializes in the orthodontics, dentofacial orthopedics, and treatment of children. By addressing dental and skeletal problems early, many issues can be safely avoided. You can avoid jaw problems that may eventually require costly and risky surgeries, avoid future impactions, eliminate unhealthy habits.
It is recommended by the American Association of Orthodontics that every child be seen by an orthodontist by the time they are seven. Once adult teeth begin to emerge, dental problems are easily recognized and can be treated almost immediately. This will solve a lot of problems in the future and provide your child with a healthy and long-lasting smile. Oral habits such as thumb/finger sucking, mouth breathing, allergies, as wells as Cross-bite, Under-bite, and Over-bite can affect the growth and development of the jaws, face, teeth, and speech.
ADVANTAGES OF EARLY TREATMENT
- Proper jaw development
- Reduce the need for extraction and impaction of permanent teeth
- Reducing the risk of trauma to protruding front teeth
- Guiding permanent teeth into their optimal position
- Correction of any harmful oral habits
- Avoiding jaw surgery in later life
- Reserving or adding space for permanent teeth
- Optimal smile width
- Avoiding damage to jaw joints
- Improved self-esteem
DOES YOUR CHILD NEED AN OTHODONTIST?
Schedule a free consultation with Atoosa Nikaeen. She takes a holistic approach with every patient to improve their smile and free up the airways.