Early orthodontic treatment, often termed as interceptive treatment, is aimed at correcting orthodontic irregularities at an earlier stage when some baby teeth are still present. Such defects may be present at birth or occur during childhood. However, they can hamper the self-esteem of children and make oral care very difficult. Thus, early orthodontic treatment is highly recommended for your kids to avoid complexities in the future. Dentists suggest that a child’s first check-up should be before the age of seven.
Why is early orthodontic treatment necessary?
Below are some of the best reasons why you must opt for early orthodontic treatment for your kids.
- Early orthodontic treatment helps orthodontists make sure whether your child’s teeth are growing correctly and adequately. If not, then the issue can be corrected before it gets too late.
- Having your child checked out at an early age can prevent future issues.
- Early orthodontic treatment is much more cost-effective in the long run. Besides, the correction of orthodontic issues is more comfortable in a developing mouth than a developed mouth.
What are the benefits of early orthodontic treatment?
Early orthodontic treatment can provide many significant benefits. Some of them are:
- Improved appearance and self-confidence
- Aid to the proper growth of the jaw
- Increased chances of properly aligned and spaced adult teeth
- Reduced teeth grinding
- Reduced risk of dental diseases
- Reduced risk of impacted adult teeth
- Elimination of the need for protracted orthodontic treatments later on in life
- Clarity in speech
- Less vulnerability to gum, tooth, and jaw injury
If you happen to be looking for a dental office for early orthodontic treatment in Los Angeles, then you must reach out to us at Nikaeen Orthodontics. Our experts offer the best early orthodontic treatment in Los Angeles.