Los Angeles, CA – Having a crooked, gapped, or otherwise imperfect smile can cause a person to feel less-than-great about themselves. The individual might feel embarrassed to smile or laugh, and in some cases interfere with the person’s ability to confidently interact socially . Social situations might be something people with great smiles do, but it doesn’t have to be that way.
Change is Only a Single Orthodontic Appointment Away
Orthodontics can give hope to patients who feel as though their smiles leave a lot to be desired, declared Los Angeles orthodontist Dr. Atoosa Nikaeen. She said, “Patients with diminished confidence due to crooked or imperfect smiles don’t have to endure their dissatisfaction. Scheduling a complimentary consultation can give them a number of options, and nothing can be better for one’s self-esteem.”
Dr. Nikaeen points to several areas of a patient’s life where orthodontic treatment can provide a significant boost of confidence, and open all new doors personally and professionally.
- Improved Oral Health: Patients who undergo braces, Invisalign or other orthodontic treatment are able to brush and floss their teeth thoroughly. When the teeth are crooked, toothbrushes can’t always reach into all those tight spots, and floss can’t always reach up to the gum line. Without proper cleaning, plaque, cavities, tooth decay, and gum disease can result, not to mention bad breath. With orthodontics, the person can feel better about smiling and being in close proximity to others.
- More Assertive: With a straighter smile, a person will be more likely to speak up in public, or introduce themselves socially. Patients with stellar smiles are also more likely to stand up for themselves when challenged. Patients with malocclusion or bad bites might be more timid and select to hide away from the public eye. Braces, then, can help the person form friendships, find more quality mates, and go after the job they’ve always wanted.
- Career Advancement: A survey by the American Association of Orthodontists showed that 75% of participants noticed career improvements after their orthodontic treatment was complete (as long as they continued to wear their retainers afterward). Patients with crooked or gapped teeth might be timid, which can cause them to be passed over for promotions, or for that key position they’ve been vying for. That means that when it comes to career aspirations, wearing braces or Invisalign could be very good for personal success.
- Closer Relationships: The same survey by the AAO showed that post-orthodontic patients were able to form new and more stable personal relationships, both platonic and romantic. It makes sense. A smile is one of the first things a person notices after meeting for the first time. First impressions do count, and orthodontic treatment is one of the best ways to put your best smile forward.
- Better Self-Perception: Patients with bite problems may not like what they see in the mirror, and this can cause problems in all areas of life. Getting one’s bite repaired with orthodontic work can help men, women, and children see themselves in the very best light. This can cause the person to believe that they can take on anything. Teens will feel as though they fit in more with their peers at school, and adults may feel as though they can go after their goals now that they’ve successfully transformed themselves. Life is too short to have a negative perception of one’s self. Braces may be the solution to feeling that sense of self-love that is necessary for personal greatness.
Dr. Nikaeen added, “With better aesthetics, a person can find their lives completely transformed. Of course, all patients are different and are at various stages in their lives. There is no one size fits all when it comes to the benefits of treatment, but Orthodontics can give patients a major boost of self-esteem, and it all starts with an initial consultation.”
To learn more about braces, Invisalign, and the boost of self-confidence that can come with the highest-levels of orthodontic treatment, contact Dr. Atoosa Nikaeen at (310) 444-1113 or email to schedule a consultation.
About Dr. Nikaeen: Serving patients in Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, and Santa Monica, Dr. Atoosa Nikaeen and her compassionate staff offer braces, Invisalign, lingual braces, and other orthodontic treatments in a cutting-edge and comfortable environment.
© 2017 Millionairium and Dr. Nikaeen. Authorization to post is granted, with the stipulation that Millionairium and Dr. Nikaeen are credited as sole source. Linking to other sites from this document is strictly prohibited, with the exception of herein imbedded links.